May 14, 2004
FOUR (FROM A FRIEND) FOR FRIDAY
Q: When you were a kid, what were your favorite TV shows/Saturday morning cartoons?
Q: If you were forced to give up one modern convenience, which one would you choose NOT to give up because you absolutely could not live without it?
Q: Youíre standing on line in a supermarket and the person in front of you is short on cash to pay for all of his/her groceries. Do you: A. Help them out by giving them the money they need? B. Watch them struggle to decide which items they should put back in order to be able to pay? C. Roll your eyes, stamp your foot, and sigh because this is just taking too darn long and you need to pay for your six pack already and get to the BBQ before all the ribs and burgers are gone? D. You donít have any extra cash on you, but you have a credit card with no current balance, and so you offer to pay for both your items and the other personís, if they'll just agree to reimburse you with the cash they have on hand?
Q: Would you rather kiss your boyfriend or girlfriend for an hour straight in order to raise money for charity, or win $1,000 tax free?
Posted by Mikal at May 14, 2004 4:48 AM
Q1: Scooby dooby doo!!!
Q2: Central Air: I know after this week that I would rather give up my car than my air conditioner after this week of hell.
Q3: Been there done this several times. I would give the cashier the amount still due, to keep either the shopper or the cashier from being more embarrassed than they already are. Then I would say...ìdonít worry about it honey, it has happened to all of us!î
Q4: I would take the $1000 tax-free and donate it to a child related charity of my choosing. Then I would kiss my boyfriend for a lifetime...not just one hour. :)
1. Bugs Bunny, Road Runner, Pepe' Le Pew. (I even have a video entitled "Pepe Le Pew's Skunk Tales")
2. Air Conditioning. I love setting the thermostat to 68, grabbing a bunch of blankets and pillows, a diet coke, Bogie Cat, a good book, and lounging away!!
3. I typically never have cash in my wallet, as I use my debit card for almost everything. However, if I had some cash, I'd cover it for the person, or offer to add it onto my bill.
4. KISS KISS KISS!! :-) (BTW...I'm accepting applications for the role of "boyfriend")
1. Duck Tales, but that was after school, not Saturday morning.
2. I don't have air conditioning so can't say that--but I definitely can't live without a computer (with internet connection)!
3. B. I'd feel really bad, of course, but I almost always never have extra cash on me.
4. Since I don't have a SO, I'd take the thousand and run.
1) Hmmm... The toilet. Or maybe indoor plumbing as a whole.
2) Gi*Joe in the afternoon, Smurfs on Saturday morning. Nothin' better.
3) I would NEVER NEVER finance food. Credit for groceries isn't a good idea IMHO. Anyway since I never have cash and would be MORTIFIED if the situation was reversed and some stranger wanted to pay for my groceries I would just wait paitently.
4) I'm married. My wife and I don't approve of boyfrienda/girlfriends. ;)
First, when I notice that the posting time was 4:48 a.m. I am hoping that is not the local time for you, Mikal.
As a kid, don't we love all the shows? Of course, the game shows were fun to watch to test your knowledge, see others win fun prizes, and be entertained. Variety shows allowed us to se a slice of life and laugh at ourselves (and others) about how they were making it through those life situations--entertaining and enlightening. If you think about some that changed the world, maybe Ed Sullivan (since he brought so many "new" people to the forefront).
Modern conveniences? Who wants to give up any of them? With the temps rising a bit, we all probably want to think that we couldn't give up air conditioning. What about the car? Could I live without that one? It would be hard, but could probably do it--wait I could ride a bike to work (or the train). The computer--how could any of us deal without that one? Way too many choices and the list is too hard to limit to one!!
I have been in this position and easily paid the money to help out the person!! This week, as I waited in line for lunch at our campus lunch room, a faculty member, two people ahead of me had a large bill and the attendant said she couldn't break the bill. He was holding up the line and probably more than a little embarrassed. I handed the cashier the money and said not to worry. Enjoy his lunch. (by the way this happened about 2 weeks before that with a staff member). Both thanked me and said they would immediately repay me, and I said, don't worry about it--enjoy the lunch on me and help someone else out some time!!
Such a dilemma!! Kiss for the hour or win the tax free money....hmmmm. Well, the first is for others and the second is for self--help others, the good karma will return to you in manyother ways!!
Emjoy the week-end!!
1. Favorite TV shows: Little House on The Prairie; Bewitched; I Dream of Jeannie; Sigmund and the Seamonster; Lost is Space; Land of the Lost. Favorite cartoons: Scooby-Doo (enjoying it again with my nieces & nephews); Bugs Bunny and all Looney Toons characters; Tom & Jerry; Plastic Man; tons more I can't remember at the moment.
2. My car. There's no way I can give that up. Where I live there is no decent public transportation. It's a necessity. I feel stranded and helpless without my car.
3. I would most definitely help the person out. And I've done it several times before. If it was me in that position, I'd probably feel weird taking money from a stranger, but if someone is kind enough to help me out, I'm not going to turn them away because of pride.
4. Since I'm currently single, I'd probably take the cash. I mean, how often does someone just give you money? If I had a boyfriend, he'd still get his kisses.
1 - Lived and breathed "Little House on the Prairie."
2 - Refrigerator.
3 - Help them by paying for what they cannot on my credit card.
4 - $1000 tax free (then I could pay down that credit card bill up in #3).
1. Maybe Bugs Bunny
2. I guess it's not an appliance or something like that but I could never give up my internet access ...
3. I would help them out and tell them to have a nice day and to please give a smile to a stranger....
4. Kiss of course, Lori, where can I send my application ??
Tough ones Mikal, but here goes...
1. Tom & Jerry and an obscure Russian cartoon shou called Barba Papa.
2. Toss up between Internet and my cellphone.
3. A. Help them out with the money they need. Easier said than done because many people are too self-conscious to accept money from strangers. In that case I would probably give them my card so that can just return the money by post if that makes them happier.
4. Take the $1000, invest it in short term equity or mutual funds, and give part of interest gained to charity on a regular basis. And, of course, kiss my partner regularly throughout this process.
1. The Jetsons and The Flintstones, and I Dream of Jeannie and M.A.S.H.
2. I honestly don't think that there's a modern convenience that I absolutely can't live without. About the closest thing would be air conditioning, but I really do think I could go on without it (wouldn't want to though).
3. Been there, done this... help out by either paying for the groceries outright or by chipping in make up the difference. No questions asked, either; and nothing wanted in return, either. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. It's just that simple!
4. Kiss a girlfriend for an hour straight in order to raise money for charity. Again, do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Besides, kissing for an hour straight--for two good causes--what could be better!
WHAT IS PEPE LE PEW GIRLFRIENDS NAME?
Post a Comment: