June 8, 2007
FOUR FOR FRIDAY
Q1 - Customer Service: When was the last time you had to call a customer service department, and how would you rate the experience/service?
Q2 - Selling on eBay: If you were asked to sell one item that you currently own, what would you sell and how much do you think it would fetch on eBay?
Q3 - Take Your Medicine: When was the last time you took over-the-counter or prescription-strength medicine, and would you say it adequately alleviated or treated your symptoms or pain?
Q4 - Evolution: Do you think pigs will ever learn to fly?
Posted by Mikal at June 8, 2007 7:36 AM
Q1 - Customer Service: I called two customer service departments just the other day and spoke with savvy, helpful, and knowledgeable reps both times. Lately, I've been significantly impressed with the level of the telephone-based customer service I've been receiving. I think the customer service industry as a whole has come a long way in the last three or four years.
Q2 - Selling on eBay: I would sell a stacker washer/dryer (itÝs in great shape, by the way) thatÝs just taking up space in my garage. I bet I could get two hundred and fifty bones for it, easily.
Q3 - Take Your Medicine: It was a month-and-a-half ago, I took a diphenhydramine-type product to alleviate a massive fat lip. All it did was make me sleepy, which at the office isn't a very good side effect. Made for a pretty amusing meeting, I think.
Q4 - Evolution: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead.
1. Couple of weeks ago, *#&$@^# 45 minutes spent for a total of 5 minutes of actually speaking with a rep!
2. I pretty much just throw things away, but I have an old computer I could probably sell for parts. Maybe $50 bucks worth of useful stuff in it.
3. I generally avoid medicines, as they most often treats symptoms rather than the actual problem. The exception I make is asprin for a headache, and I think it does a fine job on that.
4. So I have to say no. With as many flying creatures as we already have, and tha fact that pigs are ideally suited to living very close to the ground, evolution would have a hard time keeping pigs alive and flying. Its much more probably that some already flying creature will suddenly develop bacon, ham, and pork chops as key components of its physical make up, or maybe seperate animals for each food. Mmmm... flying bacon... In the other hand, pigs are supposed to be smart enough to learn, so I bet we could teach them to push the thrust and pull back on the steering column at least well enough to get off the ground... after that... mmm... flying bacon...
q1: the other day I called a service department. no one answered. i left a message. no one has called back. otherwise it was great.
q2: my md player. don't use it anymore. i'd guess 30 bones.
q3: ibuprofen for a sore jaw. it helped.
q4: i sure hope not. can you imagine what bird poop from a pig would look like?
1 - A month ago my wife and I were supposed to fly to Utah for a wedding, but for medical reasons had to cancel the flight. I have spoken with numerous customer service reps from Travelocity and none of them have been much help the entire time until most recently. A lady told me I could make a medical claim and get our tickets refunded, not just a credit on our account. Finally, some light at the end of the tunnel! (And no, I don't mean death.)
2 - I would sell my digital camcorder. I paid way too much for it when I bought it new, and I really don't use it that much. According to HammerTap research, I could get an average of $350 for it.
3 - I take Prilosec every morning for acid reflux and it really does the trick!
4 - Fat chance!
Customer Service - I talked to Dish Network's customer service last week and they were horrible. They didn't understand my problem (which couldn't have been that unique) and when they finally began to get what I was saying, they weren't empowered to help me fix the issue. D-
Selling on eBay - I would sell my old golf clubs. They would probably go for $20.
Take Your Medicine - I don't put much stock in medicine or doctors. The last thing I took was probably Advil for a headache, but it has been several months. A little pain never killed anyone, right?
Evolution - No, I don't think pigs will ever learn to fly. They would have to grow some pretty substantial wings to support their hefty body weight and last I checked, pigs are pretty damn lazy and very little effort is being made on this front.
1. Customer Service: I called Transunion because I had challenged several things that were showing up on my credit report. After requesting an investigation through their online form I received an email confirming that their investigation was complete. Problem was when I checked my account, nothing was there, so I called support.
The support rep had a heavy Indian accent and I found her difficult to understand, so I had to ask a couple of times that she repeat herself. Her only response to my problem was, "No investigation was requested," to which I kept telling her that one was, and if it wasn't, why did your company email me that it was completed?
Anyway, she eventually transferred me to her supervisor, who had a much lighter accent and was easy to understand. She offered to start an investigation over the phone... problem solved.
That's actually far better service that what I normally get when calling phone support for any company.
2. Selling on eBay: Hmmm... typically if I have anything that I would sell on eBay, I do it. So right now, nothing. The last item I owned that I sold on eBay was a treadmill. But if someone held me at gunpoint and forced me to sell something of mine, it would probably be an old pair of socks I've got that have a few holes in them.
3. Take Your Medicine: I took pseudoephedrine (OTC) for a cold that I had. It worked just well enough to allow me to work.
4. Evolution: I don't think pigs will ever learn to fly. If they do eventually learn to fly, whatever they've evolved into they won't be pigs anymore! Although, we do have the Tellarites of Star Trek lore, or the Muppet series "Pigs in Space."
1 ˝ I had to call customer service for some software I own, Final Draft 7. Despite the fact that I never even talked to a live person, it was actually a pretty good experience. Their automated phone system got me the answer that I needed in less than the hold time I go through ever time I call Qwest. Speaking of Qwest, itÝs surprising they werenÝt my last call since my bill is wrong nearly every month. Their customer service is horrible.
2 ˝ I would probably sell off some of the remote control gas-powered trucks I own. I think I could probably get somewhere between $200-300 per truck.
3 ˝ I had a cold from New YearÝs Eve through early February. I just couldnÝt seem to kick it. I finally went to the doc and got some antibiotics, prescription cough syrup, and some asthma medicine thatÝs supposed to help Bronchitis. I was better in about 6 days.
4 ˝ No, I donÝt see an evolutionary need for them to develop that ability. Besides, if pigs learned to fly would they still be pigs, or would they have evolved into something else?
1. Monday, I called customer service for a specialized magazine I wanted to subscribe to and when the phone picked up there was a message stating that the office was closed for the week. Of course, the day I actually find this and want to speak with someone they are not there! It was disappointing, but I will probably call back next week. I'd rate it a 1 - at least they left a message.
2. I don't have anything worth selling on eBay. Maybe an unopened bottle of perfume still in it's original packaging (although I don't think it would go for much $$ since perfume loses it's composition after a while).
3. Um, Advil...it helped alleviate the pain.
4. They probably already do know how to fly, in a parallel universe.
1. I had to call the customer service department of a magazine yesterday to change the mailing address. I had to call because the online and in-magazine info did not provide a way to do so. I found this highly unusual. So, my intern called for me - and the change was made. She said it was a completely cordial and easy process with a very friendly CSR.
2. I probably wouldn't sell anything on ebay. I don't even buy anything from ebay, although a friend did get Red-Sox Yankees tickets for us in April at the last moment off ebay.
3. I haven't taken any over-the-counter medicines in over a year or so. I hope I don't have to any time soon, either. I haven't had any problems in the past when using such medicines, though.
4. I believe that pigs CAN fly. At least, that's what I gleaned from repeat performances of the off-Broadway musical splash, "When Pigs Fly," in the late 90's. I think Madonna referenced such a phenomenon, too, on a guest spot on an SNL "Wayne's World" sketch in the late 80's/early 90's.
Q1: Just a couple days ago I called my credit card company to follow up on the subject of the literate china man (or possibly woman) who had been using my credit card number to order chinese books. The first person I spoke to was stellar, the next, not so much. The worse of the two, I am sad to say, was made so due to their poor english and the fact that their responses to my questions were usually simply a repeat reading of the script they had just read to me. Language can be a big barrier and an even bigger customer service turnoff.
Q2: My case of original Star Wars action figures. I hope alot, cause I have been jealously hording them since I was a kid in the 80's.
Q3: A few weeks ago for a headache, and I was alleviated.
Q4: No, but sometimes things that come from pigs do (footballs, bullets, harleys, etc.)
1. The last time I had to call a customer service rep was fun. I talked to (what sounded like) a nice young black guy who called me "ma'am" and was very nice and helpful. I like talking to customer service people; I feel like I have to be super nice to them since they probably hate their job, and since I'm nice, they're nice and we get along great. :)
2. Dang, I guess I have a lot of random pottery stuff back at my parent's house. Maybe some drunk people would see them and start bidding against each other and I'd get like 5 bucks...
3. My doctor sent me home with three different type of sleeping meds to "try out." So far one does nothing and the other makes me need 12 hours of sleep followed by 8 hours of drowsiness. I still have #3 to try, so there is still hope.
4. In order for pigs to fly, they'd have to develop a substantial set of muscles-bones-other stuff on their backs to support their weight. And then they wouldn't be very adorable anymore since they would have massive muscles instead of cute roundness. So no, it is not in the best interest of pigs to fly.
To be honest I have not called a customer service line for awhile and I cant remember what it was about.
I sell my cats on eBay and I would probably get like 50 bucks for the little Sh@%'s. Don't tell my wife about this she loves them.
the last time I took prescribed meds was for major heart burn, and it worked great!
pigs will never learn to fly.
Customer Service: The last time I called customer service was after I'd placed an order online. I'd forgotten to use the code for free shipping when checking out, and I wanted to see if it could still be applied. I was on hold for 15 minutes (speakerphone) and finally decided to email them instead. They applied the code, but I never did speak with anyone.
eBay: If I had to pick something, it would be a rare book I bought just to resell it. There is no sentimental value, but lots of value to a collector.
Meds: The last time was a week or so ago, it worked just fine.
Flying Pigs: I really don't think they'll learn to fly, or evolve either.
If they did succeed, based on the expression "when pigs fly" I think we'd see a lot of interesting things take place.
Mine are up :) Have a great weekend!
My answers are posted. I'd link direct but apparently "h r e f" is considered as bad as "h t t p" is...
Post a Comment: